Acceptable Use Policy
Joe’s Datacenter, LLC’s Acceptable Use Policy (the “Policy”) for Joe’s Datacenter, LLC Services is designed to help protect Joe’s Datacenter, LLC and its customers also the Internet community in general from irresponsible or in some cases, illegal activities. The Policy is a non-exclusive list of the actions prohibited by Joe’s Datacenter, LLC. Joe’s Datacenter, LLC reserves the right to modify the Policy at any time, effective upon posting at http://joesdatacenter.com/acceptable-use-policy/
Prohibited Uses of Joe’s Datacenter, LLC Systems and Services
1. Transmission, distribution or storage of any material in violation of any applicable law or regulation is prohibited. This includes, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, trade secret or other intellectual property right used without proper authorization, and material that is obscene, defamatory, constitutes an illegal threat, or violates export control laws.
2. Sending Unsolicited Bulk Email (“UBE”, “spam”). The sending of any form of Unsolicited Bulk Email through Joe’s Datacenter, LLC’s servers is prohibited. Likewise, the sending of UBE from another service provider advertizing a web site, email address or utilizing any resource hosted on Joe’s Datacenter, LLC’s servers, is prohibited. Joe’s Datacenter, LLC accounts or services may not be used to solicit customers from, or collect replies to, messages sent from another Internet Service Provider where those messages violate this Policy or that of the other provider.
3. Running Unconfirmed Mailing Lists. Subscribing email addresses to any mailing list without the express and verifiable permission of the email address owner is prohibited. All mailing lists run by Joe’s Datacenter, LLC customers must be Closed-loop (“Confirmed Opt-in”). The subscription confirmation message received from each address owner must be kept on file for the duration of the existence of the mailing list. Purchasing lists of email addresses from 3rd parties for mailing to from any Joe’s Datacenter, LLC-hosted domain, or referencing any Joe’s Datacenter, LLC account, is prohibited.
4. Advertising, transmitting, or otherwise making available any software, program, product, or service that is designed to violate this AUP or the AUP of any other Internet Service Provider, which includes, but is not limited to, the facilitation of the means to send Unsolicited Bulk Email, initiation of pinging, flooding, mail-bombing, denial of service attacks.
5. Operating an account on behalf of, or in connection with, or reselling any service to, persons or firms listed in the Spamhaus Register of Known Spam Operations (ROKSO) database at www.spamhaus.org/rokso.
6. Unauthorized attempts by a user to gain access to any account or computer resource not belonging to that user (e.g., “cracking”).
7. Obtaining or attempting to obtain service by any means or device with intent to avoid payment.
8. Unauthorized access, alteration, destruction, or any attempt thereof, of any information of any Joe’s Datacenter, LLC customers or end-users by any means or device.
9. Knowingly engage in any activities designed to harass, or that will cause a denial-of-service (e.g., synchronized number sequence attacks) to any other user whether on the Joe’s Datacenter, LLC network or on another provider’s network.
10. Using Joe’s Datacenter, LLC’s Services to interfere with the use of the Joe’s Datacenter, LLC network by other customers or authorized users.
11. Using Joe’s Datacenter Dedicated Servers or VPS Services for mining crypto currency such as Bitcoin, or Litecoin.
12. Using Joe’s Datacenter Dedicated Servers, VPS Services or Colocation without offsite backups of critical data. It is the customers responsibility to maintain backups of their data.
Customer Responsibility for Customer’s Users
Each Joe’s Datacenter, LLC customer is responsible for the activities of its users and, by accepting service from Joe’s Datacenter, LLC, is agreeing to ensure that its customers/representatives or end-users abide by this Policy. Complaints about customers/representatives or end-users of an Joe’s Datacenter, LLC customer will be forwarded to the Joe’s Datacenter, LLC customer’s postmaster for action. If violations of the Joe’s Datacenter, LLC Acceptable Use Policy occur, Joe’s Datacenter, LLC reserves the right to terminate services with or take action to stop the offending customer from violating Joe’s Datacenter, LLC’s AUP as Joe’s Datacenter, LLC deems appropriate, without notice.
You are responsible for any misuse of your account, even if the inappropriate activity was committed by a friend, family member, guest or employee.
INDIRECT OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY, AND ACTUAL OR ATTEMPTED VIOLATIONS BY A THIRD PARTY ON BEHALF OF A JOE’S DATACENTER, LLC CUSTOMER OR A CUSTOMER’S END USER, SHALL BE CONSIDERED VIOLATIONS OF THE POLICY BY SUCH CUSTOMER OR END USER.
Please direct any questions regarding our Acceptable Use Policy to [email protected]